Speed Dating Tips from meet.mozaic
Speed Dating Tips from meet.mozaic
If you have never tried Speed dating before it is natural to be hesitant about what to expect and wonder what a Speed Dating evening entails. Well relax, everyone who attends these evenings is in the same situation. Everyone is there to meet new people for friendship and dating. They are friendly singles who want to enjoy a relaxed evening and maybe meet a potential date.
What to Expect?
When you first arrive you will be greeted by the meet.mozaic organizers and handed a clipboard.
- The clipboard will have your name, and space for you to fill in your contact details.
- Under your contact details will be a space for you to review each date. They will be listed in order from 1-8. All female and male guests will have a number from 1-8.
There will be a 15 minute lead into the main event so that you can network, order a drink, and ask questions. We will briefly explain the procedure to all guests at this time.
Once the Speed Dating begins:
- Ladies will sit in the seat with the number that corresponds to their clipboard number and men will wear a number on their name tag.
- Both ladies and men will have their names visible on their name tag.
- Men will sit in the space that corresponds to their clipboard number and their seat number.
- For example, the man with the number one clipboard and the number one name tag will sit across from the woman with clipboard number one and in seat number one and so on to start.
- When the four-minute date is over a bell will ring and then there will be one minute to fill in your comments on the clipboard.
- The numbers 1-8 will be listed on your clipboard. Each number will have a space to fill in the name of your date and you can then check yes or no to whether or not you would like to see them again. You can also make some notes about the date.
- After the first date, the men will move to the next seat.
- It is important to be clear and organized as meet.mozaic will use your comments on the clipboard to match you after the evening has finished
- We will phone you the following day to let you know the results of the Speed Dating Evening.
- We will let you know if you had a match and also if someone would like to see you again even though you didn’t check yes on them. Sometimes our clients are surprised by this and it could lead to a match.
- All information is private and not shared with any outside party.
At the halfway point we will have another fifteen-minute break to have a drink, network and think about your matches so far.
We will then complete the second half of the Speed dating evening.
What is the most important thing to remember when attending Speed Dating?
Please arrive with a smile and a positive attitude. Everyone is more attractive to the opposite sex if they are smiling. Also, you will appear more approachable and give your date a positive feeling about you as a person.
Some Caveats for you to Note.
- Be a good listener. Ask engaging questions and listen to your date’s responses. Engage in a two-way conversation. Don’t just talk about yourself for the entire four minutes.
- Try to avoid work as a primary topic of conversation. You only have 4 minutes to make an impression and talking about work is not the way to stand out from the crowd. Emphasize the aspects of your life you are passionate about. What makes you unique and interesting.
- Dress to impress. First impressions are very important. Make sure you put your best foot forward, by wearing a flattering and appropriate outfit. Ladies might like to consider a nice dress, heels and a statement piece of jewelry. Men might like to consider a smart pair of jeans, collared shirt, and nice shoes. Try to stand out from the crowd.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol. It may be tempting to drink more to calm your nerves, but often we don’t make the best impression this way. Try to keep a clear head.
Speed Dating tips for Men:
- It is wise to book in advance. Last minute bookings lead to less successful Speed dating events. If the spaces for the women are sold out we will start a waitlist. The lady’s waitlist can only be opened after we have filled all the places for men. We suggest booking earlier for a better chance of meeting more single women.
- It is important to make a good impression. Sell yourself. Talk about what makes you unique, keep the conversation light and fun, women love to laugh. Be prepared, come with some questions in mind, but try not to sound too rehearsed.
- Try to mingle before the event starts and during the breaks. Men often arrive on their own, whereas women tend to come with friends. If you are chatting with a new acquaintance you will be more approachable to a pair of girlfriends during these free periods.
- After the 4-minute date, there is a one minute period to write your notes. Please don’t talk during this period but try to complete your notes, while the date is fresh in your memory. This will ensure that the evening moves along at a good pace and you don’t hold up your fellow male Speed Daters.
Speed Dating Tips for Women:
- It is important to have an open mind. Give all of the men attending a chance before you decide. Even if they are not your usual type you may be surprised.
- Speed Dating is not a science. Some evenings you may meet more men you fancy and some you may not meet anyone. It is good to try a few evenings to have a better chance of success in meeting Mr. Right. Perseverance is the secret.
- Don’t be afraid to attend a Speed Dating Event on your own. It’s important to venture outside of your comfort zone. Chances are when you attend a Speed Dating event on your own, you will tend to network and engage with more men.
Suggested Topics to Discuss:
Top Speed Dating Questions
- What do you like doing when you’re not at work?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What do you like doing on Sunday?
- Where did you grow up?
- Do you have any pets?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- How would your closest friends describe you?
- Where was the last place you traveled to?
- Do you prefer city breaks, active breaks or relaxing on a beach?
- Where is the next place you plan to visit?
- What do you look for in a relationship?
- What are your favorite films?
- Do you like to cook?
- If yes what’s your signature dish?
- If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be? ( example Italian/Chinese)
- What’s a good restaurant you’ve been to last month?
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- Are you watching any good TV series at the moment?
- Have you read any good books lately?
- What is on the top of your “bucket list” of things to do in the next year?
Topics to Avoid:
See our list of Speed Dating Events