Would you try Speed Dating?
meet.mozaic is offering two separate Speed dating evenings in April. These events are specifically for mature HK residents, aged between 40-55 and 50-65+. If you haven’t tried Speed Dating yet, it could be a welcome change. it’s refreshing to meet your potential dates in the flesh instead of on dating apps or online sites.
We hope that you will join us and have some fun. Speed Dating is a great way to meet 10 or more single people of the opposite sex in just one evening. It doesn’t require too much time or energy, just 4 minutes to say hi. What do you think? Is this something that would interest you?
The Story Behind Speed Dating.
Speed dating originated in 1998 in Los Angeles as an innovative new way for eligible members of the Jewish community to meet and marry. It has since taken off and expanded worldwide in all communities.
There are many advantages to speed dating over meeting at bars or other social venues as everyone who joins speed dating is there to meet someone, it is very time efficient, people are grouped by compatible ages and you have the opportunity to meet and talk privately to everyone attending the event.
There have been several studies conducted regarding first impressions proving that for most people 4 minutes interaction is enough for them to decide whether or not they would like to date. In fact, the studies prove that most individuals make up their mind within seconds of meeting.
What is the Purpose of the Speed Dating Evening?
The purpose of the evening is to connect people who would like to date each other. At the beginning of the evening, we will give each attendee a clipboard with a form so that they may fill in their contact details and clearly indicate whom they would like to date. At the end of the evening, we will collect the clipboards. If there are any matches we will contact them the following morning. We will only share contact details with consent.
How Does it Work?
- When you arrive we will explain the procedure, give you a clipboard and a name tag.
- While waiting for everyone to arrive there will be drinks and finger food available.
- Once everyone has arrived, we will give a short explanation to the group about the procedure for the evening.
- All women will be assigned a seat with a number on the table.
- All men will have a number on their nametag.
- Women will remain in their seats and the men will move.
- Each couple will have 4 minutes to chat and then the bell will ring.
- There will be a minute allowed between moving to the next seat to fill in the form by clearly marking
- whether or not you would like to date the person you have just met.
- Then the men will move along to the next place.
- Halfway through the dating process, there will be a short break of 15 minutes to have a drink and some finger foods.
- After the break, we will resume the process of speed dating with the second half of the attendees.
- The process will last from approximately 1 hour and 15 mins to 1 hour and 45 minutes depending on the number of attendees.
We will need a minimum of 10 people of each sex to go ahead with the evening and a maximum of twenty. After we reach the 10 person mark we will keep a waiting list as the number of each sex attending must be equal. We would like to hear your feedback on Speed Dating. Please comment and leave your contact details below if you would like to attend our event. We will add you to the waiting list and contact you first when tickets go on sale. There are limited spaces available.
See meet.mozaic list of Speed dating events